Mr Alick Daka is the Deputy Director at the Ministry of Agriculture directing Agriculture services in all the ten provinces of Zambia. Over 30 years working experience in agriculture, teaching, assignments, and consultancies with focus on rural development, agriculture value chains, crops production, food and livelihood security, sustainable use, and management of natural resources in a climate change perspective, institutional development, and advisory services. Mr Daka has a Master’s Degree Agriculture Science in Rural Development from University College Dublin, Ireland and Bachelor of Agriculture Science from University of Zambia and attended many other professional courses.
- Special competence on the regions of Zambia: in land husbandry, irrigation, farm power and mechanisation, agribusiness, and marketing. Extensive leadership and management experience from government institutions, Statutory Institutions, Civil Society organisations, International Organizations and Non-governmental organizations.
- Member in several national boards.
- Extensive field experience in Zambia and extensively used as a National Coordinator for Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations and as a Counterpart Officer for Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for project evaluations and reviews, training workshops, short term studies, project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Proficient in compiling well-structured reports with ease and diplomacy, a skill that has been attained and continues to develop through compiling progress reports including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.