In the last 15 years Gary has led many national and international projects, with/for complex funding organisations, which pursued several objectives, including:
- Expertly guiding the strategic direction of a national organisation to ensure national and international capacity-building objective are met and exceeded.
- Seeking to promote public procurement as an economic growth accelerator. This included:
- Helping introduce modern quality assurance techniques;
- Analysing their spend profiles in order to make executive decisions;
- Modernising operational and public procurement practices across the entire organisation.
- Using output-based monitoring and evaluation techniques to monitor the ‘real-world’ impact of projects;
- Developing innovative training programmes and techniques (including the use of virtual reality and e-learning) to advance the professionalisation of an organisation;
- Developing new commercial interventions for both high-growth SMEs and public organisations;
- Help us Trade: is s preferred partner of EIB specifically relating to their investments is Education; Health and Digital Infrastructure globally. It is also an Industrial Partner in relation to supporting European based SMEs to improve their capabilities; knowledge and capacity to bid for and win Public Procurement opportunities in such sectors as Green Economy, Smart Health; ICT, and Smart Cities in Japan, Norway, Serbia, Chile, Colombia and Vietnam.
- Gary also worked as an Institutional Development and Procurement Training Specialistin a major World Bank project for the Government of Afghanistan. In this multi-functional capacity-building role, Gary supported the National Procurement Institute (NPI) serve its mission as a National Centre of excellence, strengthening its internal and external operational and implementation strategies, so that it can act as an effective catalyst for national public procurement professionalisation across Afghanistan and South and Central Asia (2019-2020).
- He worked as Director / Lead Consultant on two virtual reality training projects, one project linked to a large UK police force, while the other is for a large UK municipal authority. Both projects use bespoke eLearning platforms, Monitoring and Evaluation systems/techniques, and cloud-based services to evaluate project performance and customer satisfaction (2020-2021).
- Was Project Leader of the European Commission-funded PPACT project (2016-2018), coordinating a five-country research team focusing on challenges facing cross-border bidding consortia.
Gary holds the following qualifications : BSC (Computing Science); Exec. MBA